Monday, November 16, 2009

Brooks Family Reunion

On Sunday of this past weekend my kids and I went to the Brooks Family Reunion in Bath, NC. NC is where my Ma and Pa Wise are from...Most of Ma's nieces and nephews still live there..Ma is the only living sibling of all her siblings and her niece and nephew hosted this reunion in her honor yesterday..It was a great day! The weather was gorgeous. Me, Caleb and Gracie rode down with my parents..The day brought back a lot of memories for me..I used to go all the time with Ma as a child down to Bath and spend time with her sister and her family and go to the little Church of God on Sundays, go to other church homecomings, family reunions, and many other occasions...Those were good times..I'll never forget..Ma did really well yesterday..everyone was glad to see her..WE got to visit the family cemetary where Ma's mom is buried along with her brother and other relatives. My dad also drove me down the road from the gravesite to where my great-grandmother Sally used to live..So neat to be where your family was a long, long time ago..I love my family and am so blessed to be part of their heritage..Here are some pics that I got during the day yesterday..Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment